Friday, February 15, 2008

Can I make $10 in 30 days?

Photo by peasap

I've joined the 30 Day Challenge! This is a FREE online training program on internet marketing. Ed Dale and his colleagues are teaching us the basics of internet marketing and the goal is to make at least $10 in 30 days! Ed is a casual and occasionally funny guy who seems to know what he's talking about. I don't know why the program is free -- so far, Ed hasn't tried selling anything to me yet (or maybe it's in one of the Emails I deleted without reading!).

I'm only on Day 4, but I have already learned so many things. I have made a list of seven possible topics for a niche and will soon be doing market research on each of those topics. It's very exciting!

One of the most important things I learned -- and I learned this during the lead-up to the challenge -- was how to use Bloglines, a free online tool for keeping track of and organizing your blog subscriptions. Now that's another tip for avoiding information overload. It's a great tool so you won't get overwhelmed, which led me to subscribing to a couple of new blogs....

I'm not sure I can even keep up with the challenge. I'm on a dial-up connection, which makes downloading all those videos a real pain! All the tutorials are either on audio podcast or video. Plus, I'm on an Internet fast every Friday during lent (in place of fasting from food since I'm still breastfeeding). Not to mention that we'll be moving halfway across the world in a couple of weeks and I don't know how long I will not have any Internet access at all. But even if it takes me more than 30 days to finish the challenge, I know it will be well worth it.

If you want to learn Internet marketing, I suggest you begin by joining the 30-day challenge. If you want a preview, you can see the tutorial videos on YouTube. You have nothing to lose and so much to learn.

I'll be giving periodic updates on my progress in the challenge. Meantime, check these out:

30 Day Challenge website. Of course.
Caroline Middlebrook's blog. She is one of the graduates of the 30 Day Challenge
Mike Mindel's blog. Now designated the official notes on the 30 Day Challenge

Coming next week: Part 2 of "How to avoid work at home scams"

If you liked this article, please subscribe to my blog (the form is on the right) and click one of the buttons below. I'd really appreciate it!


Save This Page on del.icio.us

Share on Facebook

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks to Lexi for giving tips and information for starting home business. Your blog is interesting that helps to start my business.If you have time, you can visit my hoHome Based Businessand medical transcription site. site. Hopefully you will find something of interest too.

Keep Abreast said...

hi emily, thanks for your feedback. i will definitely check out your sites. i'm quite interested in medical transcription since that is currently booming in the philippines. cheers!