Saturday, January 26, 2008

How to develop money-making niche sites with WordPress

Photo: And yet another jump shot by Bingbing

I'm so happy to have discovered a free Ebook entitled "How to develop money-making niche sites with WordPress". The Ebook is written by Caroline Middlebrook, a blogger whose months-old blog about Internet Marketing has already become very successful with over 1,000 subscribers. Caroline freely shares her knowledge of the technical side of putting up niche websites created to earn money. In other words, Caroline is a new favorite blogger of mine!

I have written in the past about how frustrating it has been to learn the technical aspects of blogging and managing a website. It takes up so much time -- time which I could spend actually writing and researching posts for my blogs and, most importantly, time I could spend with my family! So resources like Caroline's Ebook is truly a gift.

The Ebook is gives step-by-step instructions for setting up a WordPress website that is intended to make money through ads. WordPress is an open source (aka free) blogging software. Practically every successful blogger out there uses WordPress. Although it is free, one cannot use WordPress to monetize a blog or put ads in it. The only way to do so is to set up your own website and then use the WordPress software for building the website. This requires that you have a host for your site, such as Yahoo! or BlueHost (one of the most popular web hosts out there), usually for a monthly hosting fee.

This is a step that I plan to take when I'm more confident that the website will at least pay for the monthly hosting fee. When that time comes, I will definitely have Caroline's Ebook printed and open in front of me. In the meantime, both my blogs are in Blogger, a free blogging site that does allow one to put ads.

If you're at all interested in setting up your own monetized website or blog, you should get Caroline's Ebook. It's really useful and best of all, it's free!

You can download it here: http://www.caroline-middlebrook.com/blog/niche-sites-wp/

Read it and let me know what you think!

Thank you very much, Caroline!


Save This Page on del.icio.us

Share on Facebook

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

No comments: